2019 Agenda & Speakers
The conference agenda will take a similar format to previous years. For those wishing to make travel and logistical arrangements, the conference will commence at 9.30am (registration from 8.45am) and finish no later than 4.00pm.
The conference committee hopes to be in a position to publish an outline agenda by late October/early November 2018. Themes/content/topics under consideration include:
• Senior executives/representatives from the major stakeholder organisations (DfT, DVSA etc) will be invited to present
• An international perspective - what is the latest thinking with regard to improving the safety of young drivers in other countries/continents?
• The role of virtual reality in hazard perception and young driver training
• Automated vehicles - what are the implications for new driver training?
• Graduated driver licensing – what can we learn from other parts of the world?
• Young drivers - what do young people think road safety professionals could/should be doing to enhance their safety?
• Social media - is there a role for social media in helping deliver messages to young drivers and their passengers?
• The teenage brain (and how we might influence it)
• The role of parental influence during the pre- and post-licensing stages
• Mobile phone use by young drivers
For more information about the agenda, or to express an interest in presenting at the conference, please contact Nick Rawlings by email in the first instance.