Young Driver Road Safety Awards 2019
The Young Driver Road Safety Awards are now open, rewarding excellence in the road safety industry for initiatives specifically targeting the high-risk, young driver.
FirstCar launched these awards in 2015 to reward the unsung heroes in road safety, to recognise the excellent work of road safety professionals in seeking to reduce casualties amongst young drivers. They have quickly established themselves within the road safety community and are highly sought after by the professionals working within the industry.
The Young Driver Road Safety Awards 2019 are once again sponsored by Road Safety Support* (RSS) and will be presented at the Young Driver Focus conference, at the Royal Automobile Club, Pall Mall, London, 1 May 2019.
Entries to the six awards categories are welcomed.
- New Scheme
- Education and Training Initiative
- Partnership Scheme
- Young Driver Media Campaign
- Private Sector Initiative
- Lifetime Achievement Award
Entries are free and can be made online and full details on how to enter, with the criteria each category will be judged upon, more information, including how to enter, can be can be found at on the FirstCar Media website. For more details about the awards categories and how to apply, or for more information, contact email@example.com.
Entries are limited to 1,000 words, with a maximum of three single page supporting documents. Each entry will be judged on the bullet points listed below on a scale of 0-10. No evidence scores zero, very strong evidence scores the maximum ten points.
- has a data-driven evidence of need
- has been pre-tested through a pilot scheme
- is clearly and specifically targeting the young driver
- has clear and measurable aims and objectives
- shows innovation
- properly evaluated, be that preliminary, current and/or historical evaluation
- has made a real difference, with supporting evidence, to improving young driver behaviour.
The Lifetime Achievement Award - will be judged against different criteria to the above. We are looking for nominations for people who has gone above and beyond the call of duty to help improve young driver safety. Someone who has worked tirelessly, selflessly, often unnoticed, over the years to make a real positive difference. Impressive commitment, leadership, skill, personality, empathy - the vision to make a difference - an unnerving desire to positively influence when others may throw in the towel.
- The awards period cover campaigns, which have run 1stJanuary 2018 - 31stDecember 2018
- All entries must be received by 11thFeb 2019
- The shortlist will be announced w/c 4thMarch 2019
- The awards will be presented at Young Driver Focus, Royal Automobile Club, Pall Mall, London, 1stMay 2019.
*Road Safety Support is a not-for-profit company that provides a range of specialist services to local authorities, the police and other organisations in the UK and overseas that share our commitment to road casualty reduction. They employ a team of leading specialists to provide support in all day-to-day casualty reduction activities.